Dissertation writing requires an in-depth research and flawless writing skills. A number of people fail to do so; hence, their dissertations remain incomplete and inappropriate. If you are searching for some tips on writing effective dissertation, then let’s have a look at the following:
• Topic selection is one of the most grueling tasks before writing a dissertation. Select the topic that interests you the most. It is good to choose something which is based on real life issues rather than complex theories. A complicated topic will be difficult to handle, so it is better to choose something light. Pick the most recent issue so that the readers’ enjoy reading.
• Create an outline that contains a list of relevant sections. Break your sections in bullets and mention the most important points of each section.
• Now, let’s begin writing and design an abstract. Your abstract is the overview of entire dissertation. It is specially designed to give an idea about your results and objectives. Keep it concise in between 75 to 125 words.
• Table of contents represents key sections and their sub-sections along with the respective page numbers. Mention this section on a single page.
• Your introduction should be a detail of your research question. State why it is important to examine it. Also, mention your hypothesis and present a summary of the conclusion. Always keep it clear, simple and to the point so that your readers will learn it effectively. The introduction of your dissertation should be 10% of the whole project.
• The next step is to write your literature review. In this section, you should consider the theories and ideas of other people, relating with your research. Compare and contrast around 10 theories or models. Your literature review should be 20% of your dissertation.
• Next is crafting the methodology. In this section, defend your research pattern. Also, state how you collected empirical data and the description of questionnaires and interviews if used any. Another important thing is to mention the main challenges in between gathering the data.
• Findings are 30% of your entire project. This section tells the readers’ about the findings derived from in-depth analysis of empirical data. Remember, don’t’ give your interpretations here.
• In discussion section, discuss main findings of your research by connecting the evidences with respect of your literature review.
• Now, it is the time to wrap up your dissertation. Mention your conclusion with the help of your findings. Ensure that you have provided the answers of all the raised questions in your dissertation.
• Bibliography section should include all the used references such as article, book, websites and other sources. Remember; always list the entries in alphabetical order.
• Appendices section is kind of a store in which you put the relevant research data like questionnaires, interviews, tables etc.
Dissertation writing can become easier for you if you follow the above mentioned points in a legitimate manner.